Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bulletproof

Something to be said

About that casing

That enveloping cushion of ease

The knowledge you're protected.


Watch that ever approaching projectile of heat

An arrow reaching straight for the pumping

Throbbing orb

Not deep enough for anyone's comfort.


And observe wide-eyed how the missile reaches it's target

A slam dunk exploding in the chest

Breath disappears in pseudo-shock

As you realize what has happened.


And to look down

And to see that no blood appears

And to feel surprise

And to notice that it has not penetrated

And to open the jacket of your cocoon

And to smile with relief

As flesh is marred but not broken

And to lay back, eyes focused on an unprepossessing ceiling

As the adrenaline dissipates.




Safe.




Isn't that what it's all about?





How I wish I were...

2 comments:

Tijana said...

yes, it is?


p.s.
powerful.
and one of my radiohead favourites.

L said...

...bulletproof. I was suddenly inspired the other day when I was listening to the song on my MP3 player. Couldn't find an official video, but I think this interpretation is quite beautiful.

Radiohead has a way reaching up into my marrow. As if they had inhaled my essence. They are gifted...or I'm just a minion!