Friday, August 29, 2008

Catch and Release

What can I say? You brought me the greatest joy...and ultimately the most unbearable pain. I wonder everyday if it was all worth it.

The truth of the matter is...everyday I don't know.

Perhaps I never will.

 
Catch

It is so.

Your fuck-a-foreigner fantasy…
Fulfilled.

One more tick off your list.
And poof…I am forgotten.

You have planted a seed
Inside me

A forget-me-not

And I am feverish with
The memories I once believed
Were real.

Love?
An illusion I once blindly subscribed to.

But you knew.
The truth and the lies to bestow
Upon an unsuspecting soul.

I scratch at my full-body rash
And rivulets of blood
Run down in a slow trickle.

I cannot rid myself of
That which you have planted.

It has already taken root.

I am here: poisoned.

You are there: conscience clear.


Release

The sun has set.
Dusk fades into black.

It is quiet,
The air, still
My mind heavy.

I release the memory of us,
You are free
From me
What we had
And what could have been.

I was difficult.
Perhaps.

You were difficult
And never let me try.

I was yours,
Completely.

I realize now
You were never mine.

1 comment: